Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Sweetwater Guardian vs. Pur Hiker

> handle, a sign that the filter is plugged.  Backflushing did not help,
> so that means time to replace the filter - way less than the
> advertized 200 gallons.  Two thru-hikers we passed were travelling
> with dead PUR Scouts, same problem as my Explorer.  The thru-hikers
> with the PUR Hiker were not having any problems.

	I have hiked with both the Explorer and Hiker and both have crapped out on me
with a clogged filter.  I have also hiked with someone with the Sweetwater and it
clogged on them also.  I wonder if anyone has hiked for very long without a clogged
filter or if it is the norm?  The longest trip I have had has been two weeks.  I
couldn't imagine hiking the AT and having to replace the filter every two weeks. ANyone
have any luck with a filter that has made it all the way?  How about the Kathadin or MSR
filters?

--
Dwayne
drichff@interpath.com

NC Firefighter II/NC EMT-Defib/NC HAZMAT Operations/ NC Basic Rescue Tech
Ham Operator KC4ADW  QRP-L#336
"Strive For Perfection Settle for Excellence"

Follow-Ups: References: