Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Re: [AT-L] Sweetwater Guardian vs. Pur Hiker

On Sun, 8 Sep 1996, Dwayne Rich wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has hiked for very long without a clogged  filter or
if it is the norm?  The longest trip I have had has been two weeks.  I
couldn't imagine hiking the AT and having to replace the filter every two
weeks. ANyone have any luck with a filter that has made it all the way?
How about the Kathadin or MSR  filters? > > -- > Dwayne

I've started w/ a new filter, to be on the safe side, in my PUR Hiker each
of three summers and the filter in each case lasted six weeks or so with
no apparent problem.

Jim Bruton
jbruton@quest.arc.nasa.gov