[at-l] Cell Phones -- Perception

>"...Really? Users of AT-L, WB, TP do not appreciate a dream of a wild AT (even
if that was never MacKaye's dream)? RnR's criticism is against those who
prefer a "civilized" trail? What were you smoking during the vote for the Center for Appalachain
Studies Cell Phone Tower Permit?" asks OrangeBug.

Well, what can I say? The first questions are based on false assumptions. Those of us who have taken the time to read Mackaye and follow his activities over a long life time, know that in fact he both dreamed and worked to create a wild trail (though admittedly not very efficiently)

As for "civilized" Trail, we all pay lip service to wildness. The rub comes when wildness infringes on our comfort or perceived safety.

I didn't know there was a vote on The Center For Appalachain (sic) STudies cell tower permit or even that a tower was wanted. Perhaps OB can tell us about it.

Weary