[at-l] Bear Repellent

> Again - what are the chances of someone getting swarmed and killed by
> attacking honeybees?

People aren't killed by statistics.

> You can just as easily say that working in a garden is dangerous because
> some people have heart attacks while planting pansies.

Gardens don't kill people.  Large critters do.

> If someone dies while doing something it does not necessarily follow that
the
> deceased was engaged in dangerous activity.  Being in the immediate
vicinity of
> bears is not in itself a dangerous situation.

AH.  I get it now.  You are absolutely correct.  Being in the immediate
vicinity of bears is NOT in itself a dangerous situation.  I agree.  Being
mauled by bears, however, IS a dangerous situation.

> That's all I was trying to point out.

Thanks for being clear.

Shane