[at-l] Bear Repellent

> I routinely handle hives of honey bees without anything except a pair of
> shorts and a head net.  That isn't an activity I would recommend to people
> who are not familiar with the ways of honey bees.  For me to state that
> honey bees are not aggressive and almost never sting is all well and good
> for ME, but that ignores folks who are swarmed and killed by honey bees.
>
> Shane

Again - what are the chances of someone getting swarmed and killed by
attacking honeybees?

You can just as easily say that working in a garden is dangerous because
some people have heart attacks while planting pansies.  If someone dies
while doing something it does not necessarily follow that the deceased was
engaged in dangerous activity.  Being in the immediate vicinity of bears is
not in itself a dangerous situation.  That's all I was trying to point out.

Peace,
Joe