[at-l] Walden (was Bryson's Book)

Thoreau did write a marvelous book in Walden, but most of his other writing=
s are insufferable.  He himself did not have many friends (though admirers)=
.  He was also mean spirited, had a large disregard for the law, and agover=
nment officals.  One prof that I know said that if he was alive today he wo=
uld have probably joined the Michigan Militia.

I think that a group read of walden would be an interesting project, but ma=
y I suggest the Lord of the Ring triology?  (OK so it reeks with misogyny) =
 I believe Kahley knows it by heart.

Grey Owl