[at-l] Gear questions (looking for recent opinions & recommendations)

Just a few questions after a "test" message. Welcome. There are many
workable choices for tents, with a great deal of popularity of the
Nomad family. You should speak with Kurt about the size of the Nomad
Lite and your length, as you may need some custom work. But for similar
weight and cost, I suspect the 2+2 would be ideal for you, assuming
some understanding of single walled tents and condensation risks.

There are many 2 pound sleeping bags that go to 20F and lower. The
better quality (including Western Mountaineering, Feathered Friends and
others) are very conservative for temperature ratings. Nimblewill Nomad
has used a Wren just about everywhere from Nova Scotia to Key West, and
probably some points west. FF can probably help you with information on
temp ratings of customization of one.

That gets the shelter and bag questions. Glad to see that you aren't
asking about your back pack yet.

Bill...