Re[2]: [at-l] WF and AT-L History Long Delete at will

At 01:25 PM 3/22/02 -0500, Bob C. wrote:
>"...Dan stated that he had hiked the Trail from end to end contiguously
>(is that
>the word) in one season and the ATC gave him a paper that said that.," reports
>Kahley.
>
>  Maybe. It's been my understanding that ATC gives a piece of paper to
> anyone who
>  completes the whole trail, regardless of the time frame, continuous or not.
>  They call the recipient a 2000-miler or something like that. Do they
> also issue
>  a special certificate for someone who hikes the trail continuously in one
>  season? If so, they keep it well hidden.

BIG OOOOPS!!!  I am sorry.  The good thing about this list is if ya blow it,
there is always someone around to set you straight!  Thank you.
I guess I confused what the ATC does with what Dan wanted to do?
Was the Avery specifically designed for thruhikers?
Well at least we agree that he was wise to stop claiming seven" thrus"
and that maybe he ought to stop claiming seven "end to ends" as well.
Thanks for the clarification Bob.

>    I know. We tend to insist on higher standards for those who we think,
> think
>    of themselves as "holier than thou."

Or those who print it on the cover of their books ?...............