[at-l] three cheers for Rocky

At 01:11 PM 2/10/02 -0800, Orange Bug wrote:
>Somehow, this question of how you dry your clothes and how little fuel
>oil is used sounds very "Holier than thou."

Hmmm..well I did say I was proud of the sacrifices and changes
we have made so I guess I'm stuff with the tag if I want to brag.
I'm hoping that people may get the idea that these things can be
done and that it's a good thing to do them.  And to do that, I guess
I tend to boast a bit.

Bill, what would be the applicable and equal pejorative for a person
who brags about how big his house or car is?  That kind of talk
seems to be de riguer in this society.  No one blinks when someone
talks about how expensively and expansively they live.  Maybe, the
tendency to view the opposite...someone bragging about how little
their impact as holier than thou is part of the problem?  If living
minimally was a high status thang, we might be better off??
Jes wondering.....<g>
BTW...we pre purchased 160 gallons of fuel last summer.  I'm
betting we bought 30 gallons too much....heheheheheheh......