[at-l] three cheers for Rocky

Or even better, donate it to charity. You get a write off and better
return on investment than using it as a trade in.

There are fewer collectable cars out there, and fewer are made worth
collecting. In California, it has become very difficult to keep an old
car in operation. It makes keeping an old car working efficiently more
difficult.

The trade off is that modern cars are much safer, comfortable and
economical to drive. Old cars become scrap metal. Newer car less scrap
metal and more plastics and other materials that hopefully can be
recycled more efficiently. And I, as a true compleate idiot, do
everything I can to keep my VW alive. I have given my wife orders to
have me killed if I ever purchase a Cadillac land yacht.

Somehow, this question of how you dry your clothes and how little fuel
oil is used sounds very "Holier than thou." There are good reasons to
live life as simply as possible, and good reasons to exploit the best
that our technologies provide. I'm enjoying my computer, watching the
Olympics, drying veggies and fruit, preparing for a walk and I see lots
of trappings of society and civilization all about me.

I've even folded laundry from the electric dryer I repaired 2 weekends
back.

Bill...