[pct-l] psychology question

Hello all;

I was easily 100% ready for the PCT as of Wednesday, but I just
returned from a five day hell-a-thon starting in Kennedy Meadows,
going to the gage station bridge on the Kern, then taking a cross
country route following the river back.

Sitting at home, my pack has been torn nearly to shreds, my legs torn
by thickets (and yes, I had knee high OR gaiters on), many restless
nights as my Sierra Designs Wild Bill left me chilly in the 20 degree
temperature, and much joint pain from two consecutive 9 hour cross
country days.

This was probably one of the hardest trips of my life, due in part to
the incredible temperature swings, cross country movement, and sheer
quantity of injuries sustained.

I am left asking myself: do I actualy want to do the PCT this spring?
I know I just went through an extremely bad version of backpacking;
I've had great trips and I've some rather ugly ones. But the PCT thru
hike, if done well, is better than this? I'm afraid that one month
into the trip I'm going to be feeling about as bad as I do right now.

Any thoughts and opinions would be very welcome,

Eric

PS: And I of course have pictures of nearly the whole thing which I
will post later.

--
http://www.radpin.com