[pct-l] slow hiking

I just thought of something.  Let's have some discussion about those of =
us (I'm not alone, am I?) who are over weight and not in the best of =
physical condition. I also have some other handicaps. Put it all =
together and I am one thing: s-l-o-w.

For we women who are as stated above, it gets real boring seeing all =
those super thin women backpackers in commercials and advertising.  Not =
all people who enjoy/love the out-of-doors are in top shape doing 15 to =
20 mpd. I need to drop 30 pds. and walk/hike much more often.  (I also =
have two bikes and did about 30 miles yesterday.)

But, no matter how slow, for whatever reasons (somewhat out of shape, on =
numerous medications) I too love almost every moment on the trail with =
all the beauty strengthening my soul like nothing else can.

Anyway, just threw out some of what its like to be on the other side of =
speed, agility, youth (thank you Marge!), generally 'slim and trim' =
images, doing more miles in one day, than I do in 3 day.  Thanks for =
listening.

JoAnn

multipart/alternative
  text/html