[pct-l] slow hiking

JoAnn,

    I told you you shouldn't read Backpacker magazine. Not even
disguised with a fake cover. It fills your mind with all sort of
unrealistic ideas like every backpacker but you and me are
twenty-something and doing 30 miles a day on the PCT without breaking a
sweat or getting a speck of dirt on them. Besides all them people have
all new gear, still shiny and undented. And all that gear, all 10 cubic
yards of it, fits in their 1/2 cubic foot pack.

    You do quite well on the trail. I know so from personal experience.
And you have time to 'smell the roses' and see the little flowers and
all that good stuff.

    Just remember that you are hiking your own hike your way.

John