[pct-l] thru-hiking philosophy

During my ' 86 AT hike, I was struggling with a host of real and imagined
adversaries, and not very sure I could continue.  I had the great fortune to
share a campfire in the Shenendoah with a quiet, peaceful but very strong
hiker named Noel James. He encouraged me to change the direction of my focus,
away from struggling and fighting those things I was taking opposition
against, and instead relish and accept  the uncomfortable and unfortunate
things that happen in a thru-hike. I carried that through the rest of the
hike, and on. I have never heard or seen him since, but I remember that
evening and his influence on me. Thank you, Noel. " The fruit of the Power
within is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, and self-control. Nothing conquers these. "