[pct-l] slow hiking

--- JoAnn M Michael <jomike@snowcrest.net> wrote:
> I just thought of something.  Let's have some
> discussion about those of us (I'm not alone, am I?)
> who are over weight and not in the best of physical
> condition. I also have some other handicaps. Put it
> all together and I am one thing: s-l-o-w.

JoAnn
You are definitely not alone!  I consider myself a
slow hiker also. I average 10-12 miles a day, but I
usually hike all day long to do it!  Hence the name,
"GoSlowGoFar" (acquired on the AT after putting that
down as a motto in a couple of the registers).  Even
after 2000 miles, I never looked like a catalog cover
girl!  And even though I'm overweight, my doc says I'm
in very good shape because I hike.  So, I no longer
care what I look like out there, it's how I feel (and
it feels great to be on the trail!)
Go Slow Go Far  --  just go!
Katy