[pct-l] PCT in sections

     I am hiking the PCT in sections.  This year I will walk northbound =
from Toulumne about 300-miles.  I am planning to start early August but =
am concerned about water shortage because of this year's less than =
average snowfall.  I want to wait long enough for the trail to be snow =
free especially the ice slope south of Sonora Pass.  I don't carry an =
ice axe.
     Has anyone been thru this area this year?  Any suggestion on when =
to start?
                                       Thanks,
                                                              Farley

multipart/alternative