[ft-l] Changes in FTA Trail Inventory process

In place of.

Dick has gotten tired of waiting for UTAP to develop their trainer training
program and I have just seen too much need for more basic info now, rather
than 10 years down the road.  By collecting the center line of the trail
plus locating major features as points along the centerline with the GPS and
collecting basic info about hiker and maintenance needs (bridges, water
sources, campsites, trailheads, signage) I figure we can do the entire trail
in about 2 years.  My goal for 2001 is 600 miles which added to what we have
done so far is about 1/2 the thru trail.  We desparately need this info for
maps, maintenance and filling the gaps.  The more detailed, ADA related
stats can still be collected later on specific sections of trail that have
the potential of being designated accessible.

Deb