[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I have Leki Super Malakus. I used to use ski poles. As far as I have noticed
so far , there are 4 advantages to justify the cost. Anyone else have more?
1. I love being able to change the length of the poles. I feel so much safer
going down with them this way.
2. I can shorten them up and they fit perfect on the sides of my pack when
travelling by train to the trail.
3. They are really tough and I do clear trail with them. As a matter of
fact, because of extreme stupidity on my part, I actually ran over them with
my car and absolutely no damage occurred.
4. I slipped on wet rocks near the edge of a cliff and they stopped me from
sliding. Great tips.
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *