[at-l] Clearing the Maine trail

With the discussion on springtime in Maine, I thought I'd query any Mainers
on the list for segments of the trail which are getting ripe for clearing,
meaning clear of snow and ice.  I live in the Boston area, but have a
friend in Augusta with whom I'll be staying with in about 12 days (Easter
weekend).

I'll be taking my pet 16-inch chainsaw and my external frame pack.  The
total weight is no worse than a normal hiking pack.  (I've done this a few
times before.)  I suspect I may be too early and that limbs will still be
buried in snow & ice, so I will be looking for low-elevation sections,
perhaps the Monson-Blanchard area.  Any field reports from last weekend?
--The Wizard