[at-l] Two things

First, I'd like to thank everyone who responded with such encouragement to my
first backpacking trip in so long.  Especially the advice about doing it solo.
I think that with the support of this group, after I have a few more hikes
under my belt, I just might find the courage to try <g>  Thank you all for
being so supportive and positive.

Second, a question.  My friend (the one who went with me this past weekend)
got bit by the bug, despite her knee injury.  I saw the look in her eyes as we
were resting and she said "It's hard to believe this trail goes from Georgia
to Maine".  So now she is thinking about a pack of her own.  Her son has an
internal frame, and she used an external frame on this hike.  I am sure this
must have been covered many times - but could you give me some opinions on
internal versus external for her?  One of the guys at the outfitters in
Damascus said something to the effect that about 80 percent of thru hikers use
internal frames.  I thought that was kind of high?  Anyway, I am no help to
her, because I am throroughly prejudiced - I love my JanSport external frame
and wouldn't carry an internal if you paid me :)  Set in my ways, I am <g>
So, any other opinions would be welcome, to help her in her decision.

The Redhead