[at-l] Commutes, Energy, Public T

Where does this bus go? The bus from Londonderry, NH only takes 50 minutes to get to downtown Boston. From South Station it's a mere 20 minutes to anyplace in Boston barring the odd subway problem. Oh wait... do you actually drive to Londonderry to catch the bus? That might stretch it to two hours... LMAO!

Raphael Bustin <rafeb@speakeasy.net> wrote:At 08:47 AM 6/15/2005 -0400, Grey Owl wrote:

>50 Mile commute, 2 hrs one way which is why I moving much closer to my work.
>For one I can get rid of one of my cars and take public transportation.

You said the magic two words: public transportation.
Unfortunately in the USA, it's not very popular.
It wasn't always that way. I'm a big believer in
public transportation, but most Republicans aren't.

I live in the suburbs of Boston, just barely outside
the Rte 128/95 loop. For me to take a bus to work
would probably take two hours. The distance is
about 9 or 10 miles as the crow flies. There also
happens to be an air force base (Hanscom)
directly between my house and work-place.

Occasionally in summer I do the commute by
bike, but then it's 12-13 miles each way.

rafe b.
aka terrapin