[at-l] Commutes, Energy, Public T

At 08:47 AM 6/15/2005 -0400, Grey Owl wrote:

>50 Mile commute, 2 hrs one way which is why I moving much closer to my work.
>For one I can get rid of one of my cars and take public transportation.

You said the magic two words: public transportation.
Unfortunately in the USA, it's not very popular.
It wasn't always that way.  I'm a big believer in
public transportation, but most Republicans aren't.

I live in the suburbs of Boston, just barely outside
the Rte 128/95 loop.  For me to take a bus to work
would probably take two hours.  The distance is
about 9 or 10 miles as the crow flies.  There also
happens to be an air force base (Hanscom)
directly between my house and work-place.

Occasionally in summer I do the commute by
bike, but then it's 12-13 miles each way.

rafe b.
aka terrapin