[at-l] Best Trail name story

I am not sure if this got out yesterday.  If it did, my apologies.

Black Wolfe

On the other extreme of stove experiences is the story behind "Lamp Oil"

We were camping out as a group.  The campsite we chose for Friday night was
only a mile in from the road .  After we had set up our tents, tarps and
such we settled down to making our suppers.  one individual was having some
difficulty getting his stove to light.  None of us had yet wrapped up our
chores to the point of investigating when he exclaimed with disgust, "LAMP
OIL".  It seem that he was using similar containers for his lamp oil for his
backpacking lantern and for his white gas for his stove.  He had of course
in the rush of getting packed grabbed the wrong container.  His stove of
course was unable to use the lamp oil.

(Not that the fact that these "boys" actually get out backpacking about
every two years or so, has anything to do with their origination.)