[at-l] Best Trail name story

At the other extreme is the story behind "Lamp Oil"

I and some friends were camping out as a group.  The campsite we had chosen
for Friday night was only a mile in from the road .  As we set up tents,
tarps and such we settled  down making our suppers.  One person was having
some difficulty getting his stove to light.  None of us had as yet wrapped
up our chores to the point of investigating when he exclaimed with disgust,
"LAMP OIL".  It seems that he was using similar containers for the lamp oil
for his backpacking lantern and for white gas for his stove.  He had of
course in the rush of getting packed grabbed the wrong container.  His stove
of course was unable to use the lamp oil.

(Not that the fact that these "boys" only actually get out backpacking about
every two years or so has anything to do with their organiziation.)

Black Wolfe