[at-l] Boredom (was Bryson's bookl)

WOorthy points all, Bob; I just hope you can differentiate between food
for thought and cynicism when it comes to me personally . . . I enjoy
testing my mind with various ideas, and the mere fact that I throw one
out there and ask others to give it some thought is certainly not an
endorsement from me as to the idea being my personal opinion or
conclusion . . . as for that, I continue to search for bits and pieces
of the answer in my own experiences, and those of the good folk on this
list [and elsehwere], with whom I have the priviledge of communicating
and exchanging ideas . . . I loved so very much of my AT experience in
the summer of 2001 - I cannot imagine a more awesome experience, in
terms of physical challenge, exploring the wonders of nature [check out
my 600+ pictures on backcountry.net, about 80% of which do not have
people in them to get an idea of what turns me on . . .] and in terms of
the people I met, many of whom I believe will remain lifelong friends
where we stay in touch, and get back together when possible . . . I got
off the Trail for one simple reason - my wife and I conceived a child
right before I left, and she wanted me back home, so I made a very
difficult, but correct choice to put our growing family ahead of Lady K,
who will still be there when I summit her some day in the not too
distant future! :)

Hiking [and thinking with an open mind] on!

Thru-Thinker [who loves his very apt for him trail name!]