[at-l] Boredom (was Bryson's bookl)

--
At 09:17 AM 9/13/2002 -0400, KinnickinicHere wrote:

>On the trail . . . bored?  You've got to be kidding.

Wish I was (kidding, that is.)

It's curious, of course, that some "have" this problem
and others don't.  I can't begin to explain it.

Still, I suspect that for the 90% of thru-hiker wannabes
who *don't* make it from Springer to Katahdin, the problem
is quite real.

Hey, whatever the magic is that keeps the trail
interesting -- more power to you if you have it.
And if you find a way to bottle it, I want some.

For those like Ginny who have actually completed one
or more long hikes, I'm full of awe and envy.  For those
others who speak of the endless fascination of the woods --
without having actually completed a very long hike --
well, you'll forgive me, I hope, for being a bit skeptical.

rafe b.
aka terrapin
--

---