[at-l] Dreaming VS the Dream

Okay, I feel like we're approaching a therapeutic breakthrough.

At 10:40 AM 2/23/02 -0600, Shane Steinkamp wrote:
> > I'm sure the resident AT-L psychiatrist(s) can
> > have fun interpreting hat.  Just be sure to indicate whether your
> > analysis is Freudian or Jungian.  ;-)
>
>Ericsonian.

I'm not familiar with Ericson.  Is he a friend of yours?

> > I was  with 2 other people and we were walking along
> > a highway going to our first town stop.
>
>The two other people represent the divisions of your
>individual self.  At least you are unified in purpose.

I neglected to mention that one of the two other people was my wife.  I
don't know who the third person was.  Someone we met on the way I guess.

> > We were each
> > carrying a rocking chair. Each time we came to a
> > red light we would put the
> > chairs down and rock until the traffic light
> > turned green, then go
> > on.
>
>Now was this a folding rocking chair, or a regular rocking
>chair?

Regular.  It looked like the "Kennedy" rocker.

>In any case, the sign of a rocking chair is a clear
>indication that you think you are getting old.  You stop at
>a traffic light - even though you are walking.
>The stoplight represents society.  Society tells you to stop,
>and you do.  You stop and rock...

Hey, there was heavy traffic.  I didn't want to get run over.

> > When we got into town I was going through
> > the stuff in my pack and came upon my camera.
> > I then realized I had not taken *any* pictures on my
> > hike yet and I was over a week into it.
> > Photography is my other big thing so I was quite distressed
> > at how I could have forgotten to take pictures
> > and was pondering whether to start over when the
> > dream ended.
>
>Being an amateur photographer myself, this is too painful
>for me to even contemplate...

I think if the dream had gone on I would have started over for sure.

sAunTerer