[at-l] Dreaming VS the Dream

> I'm not familiar with Ericson.  Is he a friend of yours?

Milton Erickson (Erickson?) was a psychological genius.  His
methods are very close to the Feldenkrais method.  Freud was
a quack.  His contemporary, Wilhelm Reich, however, had a
better theoretic model (IMHO).  You are not likely to meet
any of these people on the trail, as they are all dead...

None of them was every my friend, but Ericson and I would
have gotten along wonderfully...

> I neglected to mention that one of the two other
> people was my wife.  I
> don't know who the third person was.  Someone we
> met on the way I guess.

AH!  So your wife and your alter ego.  Reich believed that
everybody in your dreams was actually you on some level...

> Regular.  It looked like the "Kennedy" rocker.

So!  The chair is not Tuckerized...  I still say it's a
symbol of old age...

> Hey, there was heavy traffic.  I didn't want to
> get run over.

Fear is the mind killer.  Do not fear the traffic!

Why not just ditch the chairs and hitch?

> I think if the dream had gone on I would have
> started over for sure.

Definitely a symbol of past regrets.  Not having enough
photographs is a metaphor for not having enough good
memories.

My diagnosis remains the same:  You are trying to tell
yourself that you need more hiking.  So, HIKE!  If you value
your sanity, get out there this weekend and HIKE!

Oh...  There is another possibility...  What did you have
for dinner the night before this dream?

Shane