[at-l] Dreaming VS the Dream

> I'm sure the resident AT-L psychiatrist(s) can
> have fun interpreting
> that.  Just be sure to indicate whether your
> analysis is Freudian or
> Jungian.  ;-)

Ericsonian...

Your condition is very serious.  You should immediately seek
the treatments proscribed at the end of this email.

> Last night I dreamt I was thru-hiking.

This is normal.  We all do.

> I was
> with 2 other people and we
> were walking along a highway going to our first
> town stop.

The two other people represent the divisions of your
individual self.  At least you are unified in purpose.

> We were each
> carrying a rocking chair. Each time we came to a
> red light we would put the
> chairs down and rock until the traffic light
> turned green, then go
> on.

Now was this a folding rocking chair, or a regular rocking
chair?  In any case, the sign of a rocking chair is a clear
indication that you think you are getting old.  You stop at
a traffic light - even though you are walking.  The
stoplight represents society.  Society tells you to stop,
and you do.  You stop and rock...

> When we got into town I was going through
> the stuff in my pack and
> came upon my camera.  I then realized I had not
> taken *any* pictures on my
> hike yet and I was over a week into it.
> Photography is my other big thing
> so I was quite distressed at how I could have
> forgotten to take pictures
> and was pondering whether to start over when the
> dream ended.

Being an amateur photographer myself, this is too painful
for me to even contemplate...

You have serious condition, known as offtrailitis.  The only
known cure is to go hiking....

Shane