[at-l] Water filter/purifier/chems/whatever

At 01:29 PM 2/18/01 -0500, James Bullard blasted the following out into the
ether:
>At 12:57 PM 2/18/01 -0500, Charles W. Davidson wrote:
>>...clip...I always carried some pre sweetened coolaid to put in water when
>>I found the taste not up to par. Recently I have begun avoiding all
>>intake of aspartame (nutra sweat etc.) which is believed to have caused
>>the Desert Storm sickness.
>
>I wasn't going to comment but this but the whole Nutrasweet thing is in
>the category of Urban Legends.

      All I know is that if I drink 2 or more Nutrasweet-containing diet
drink in a day, I get a headache and double vision.

>  Yes, I know there are whole web sites dedicated to the evils of
> Nutrasweet including causing dozens of ailments that were around long
> before Nutrasweet and are no more prevalent today than before (despite
> some sites' unsubstantiated claims to the contrary). One woman is making
> a career out of hammering Nutrasweet and a doctor or two have endorsed
> her crusade which only proves that not all doctors are rational people.
> Think about this for a moment. If Nutrasweet were the cause of Desert
> Storm Syndrome and the use of Nutrasweet is even more prevalent in the US
> today than it was in the Gulf War why isn't 75% of the country sicker
> than the Gulf War Vets? Because it's a crock, that's why. I don't think
> Nutrasweet is great, but it isn't the evil destroyer of humanity either.

      No, probably not, and I'm sure it's a great help for those that can
handle it.  However, there is a relatively small group of people that can
NOT handle Nutrasweet.

      And that's no crock!  <G>  It ain't no fun, either...
      Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico         DM84jk N34d 25.446m W103d 12.700m (or so)

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)