[at-l] Water filter/purifier/chems/whatever

Rich,

	The Safewater inline filter is the lightest way to go without
chemicals. It has some charcoal which helps improve the taste of water.
With this system you use a drinking hose and filter your water as you
drink it. Also you can hang your water bag and filter water into a cook
pot using gravity. This system works very well. Actually I rarely ever
used a filter or chemical and drank from most creeks and springs all the
way. If it was a pond or looked bad I would use iodine like PA Plus with
the vitamin C neutralizer that you add after a certain amount of time,
it removes most of the iodine taste. About a year or so ago I switched
to the inline filter which for me was a big step up form just drinking
the water:-)
	Most of the water from Georgia to Maine tasted good to me! And I also
hate City water. Occasionally you find an area with a sulfur or iron
taste. I always carried some pre sweetened coolaid to put in water when
I found the taste not up to par. Recently I have begun avoiding all
intake of aspartame (nutra sweat etc.) which is believed to have caused
the Desert Storm sickness. So now I guess I would use the cool aid with
sugar (heavier but actually has some nutrition)or Gatorade or some
beneficial sports drink, etc. Perhaps a small bottle of lemon extract
would go a long way.

chase