Re: [pct-l] hello...

Jonathan Ley wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to this list & haven't received any messages yet, so
> I really don't know what people are talking about.

Welcome to the list!

> Any thoughts on how "la nina" is supposed to affect the snowpack
> in the Sierra this year?

The talk of the list this year is that it will be milder than liast year.  El
Nino causes the storms to hit on both coasts and the middle of the country to
get mild winters.  I would presume La Nina does the opposite, but I dodn't
really know.  It seems as though that might be the case because the north
central regions of the country have already recieved some really bad early
storms.

> What was it like last year?

200% of normal snowfall in the sierras. (some areas more than that)

peace,
Dude in TX