[pct-l] A few topics/inside info

Hi all,

Catching up on the last digest:

1. To the guy who's doing the project on weights - my 3 season
baseweight is 7 lb. before food and water. I weigh 180#.
2. To the fellow with the homemade bag question - I have made 3 down
bags so far. I wrote and posted the instructions on how to do this on
AYCE's site - http://www.thru-hiker.com/workshop.asp?subcat=5&cid=73.
I've also just finished a 20 oz down/quantum hoodless Arc bag. Email me
directly with any questions.
3. To the guy who wants to make his own Spinnshelter - we are not
currently offering kits or patterns for sale. it took me a good deal of
effort to get the size and shape just right, so I'm not ready to simply
give it away yet. However, I have made and used many types of tarps and
of course currently use a Spinnshelter, so if you have any questions let
me know.

Finally, a bit of inside info - we are close to launching a two person,
full catenary cut Spinn Tarp for 2. Prototype weight is 7.9 oz before
seam sealing. That's 4 oz PER HIKER! It can also be a massive (but
extremely light) tarp for 1 person. Ridgeline is 10', front entrance
length is around 9', rear entrance is around 7'. I think we'll be ready
for pre-orders in about 1 week, and should be shipping by March 1. Also,
I'm hoping we'll have some for Trail Days in Portland, and will
definitely have some at the Kick Off. I'm not trying to make this a
commercial post, I just wanted to let anyone know who is finalizing
their Thru-Hike gear list that the new Gossamer Gear SpinnTwinn might be
worth considering.

Mike Maurer
Gossamer Gear