[pct-l] Mojave Dam Flood pictures

On 05.02.01, Craig Milo Rogers wrote:
> > http://webpages.charter.net/fsi00/
> 	Wow!  Great photos!  I've forwarded the URL to the Army Corps.
> of Engineers; perhaps that will encourage someone official to clear
> the debris from the drainage tunnel ASAP.

	The response I received is that floating debris was observed
when the dam was at "high pool", and the local Operations Branch plans to
clear the debris from the tunnel soon.

	FYI, this dam is instrumented and remotely monitored.  Here
are some interesting Web pages:

http://www.spl.usace.army.mil/resreg/htdocs/mojv.html
http://www.spl.usace.army.mil/resreg/htdocs/mojv_status.html
http://www.spl.usace.army.mil/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/zinger/goes_cmd_last.cgi?mojv+720+line

	I suspect that the last URL tracks in real-time (perhaps
updated daily), but if you look at it within the next few days you
should still be able to see the changes in the dam's water level due
to last month's heavy rains.

[Begin Computer Mode]

	Now if we had, say, an RSS feed for this data, and a database
for the path and elevation of the PCT near the dam, we could have a
process issue an alert whenever the PCT was inundated in the vicinity
of the dam!

[End Computer Mode]

					Craig "Computer" Rogers