FW: Re: [pct-l] Warner Springs to Chihuahua Valley Rd. Water and stuff

Monty Tam
metam01@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

yards north/west of the PCT crossing .  Use to be gravel 100 yards, then
paved.  Now it's all paved.  About 5+ miles northeast(north from Warner
Springs, 1/3 the total distance in PCT miles, as you described) there's a
trailhead.  Less than 1/4 mile up the hill is the PCT, 1/3 the distance to
Chihuahua Valley road as described.

> You must be wanting 13 miles up from 79 or 1/3 of the way south from
Chihuahua Valley Road, the one Eric just mentioned.

> Where you come very close to the paved road I'm talking about, it doesn't
make sense to put a water cashe.  Agua Caliente Creek is only a couple
miles to the south and Lost Valley Spring, that also has a clear seasonal
creek 30 feet away now, is less than 2 miles to the north (an easy, less
than 1/4 mile to the left, not the south as I posted earlier).  Looks like
a jeep road coming up to Lost Valley Spring from the west too.  Maybe this
is part of the confusion.

> It's only 8 miles to Chihauhua Valley Road from there, but if I had a
water cashe at the 13 mile point as Eric mentioned, I wouldn't carry any
water at all.  (maybe a few ounces)  Especially if I was parked at the
finish line and didn't have to depend on a cashe.

> Warner Springs Monty

79
> > going
> > up Chihuahua Valley Road first, and then on the dirt road which is
marked to
> > the Boy Scout Camp.  Go down and look.  If I'm wrong I'll eat my dirty
> > chonies.  Eric Yakel

Maybe
> > the
> > > roads have two different names and you are approaching from the north.
> > > What I'm talking about is partially paved and some years back I drove
> > there
> > > in a little low clearance sports car.
> > > I'll violate someones copyrights and email you a map separately.
Maybe
> > > you'll need to straighten me out.  I still need my workout today.
Guess I
> > > may as well do it there right now from the road out past Lost Valley
> > > Spings. You're welcome to join me.
> > >
> > > Let me know how confused I am.
> > >
> > > Warner Springs Monty
> > >
> > > .

Valley
> > > Road), that
> > > Valley Road
> > > Buckhorn mtn.
> > > scout)road
> > > able to leave any

Lost
> > > VAlley Road.
Indian
> > > Flats Campground.
> > > don't believe any
> > jeep
> > > road until you
> > Chihuahua
> > > Valley Rd.
> > wheel
> > > drive).  Hope

Henshaw and
> > > Palomar Mountain. Kelly and I live at Lake Henshaw. Don't forget to
wave.
> > > You'll drop back down to Agua Caliente Creek and follow it north for a
> > mile
> > > to about the 115 mile mark. Last water for a while. Now it's uphill.
In
> > > over a mile you'll see your road and trail dropping down to it. If you
> > > stash a cashe, you won't have to carry any water uphill the last mile.
> > > There is more water ahead right now though, Lost Valley Spring.
> > remember
> > > being there, but if I remember right, in about four miles there's a
short
> > > trail that drops to the right to one of the springs that feed Agua
> > Caliente
> > > Creek. Right now into June there should be plenty of clear water.
Other