[pct-l] Homemade down sleeping bag/quilt--and now water!

This is a great idea!  We had a similar idea, mainly to pirate from our
existing down jackets, or to buy down comforters from a department store, where
they were on sale for $80, but the Goodwill thing had not occurred to me.  Is the
quality of down high enough?  Or do you know yet?  I mean, I'm sure two
pounds of Goodwill down won't equal two pounds of $180 thru-hiker.com down, but
does it work to keep you warm?  Let us know how it goes.

Second question for everyone:  we know that vast amounts of water are needed
for SoCal (16 pounds--wow!), but what kind of water receptacles do we need to
carry?  I have a two-liter platypus and County carried two two-liter gatorade
bottles, so we both had two-liter capacity on the AT, and towards the end we
rarely carried more than one, having trained ourselves to camel.  Adjusting for
the cameling factor, how big of a reservoir do we need for the PCT?

Thanks...
Marzipan

2.   Any good online sources for down?  (We've found a couple through web