[pct-l] Re: Dress Me Up...... - Sleeping Bags

Hi there

> From: "Aloha! Ann" <AlohaAnn@adelphia.net>
> On a serious note, one of the first things I'm noticing is that everyone seems
> not to mind sleeping in their clothes or jackets.  I realize that it's a
> sensible thing to do but isn't that uncomfortable?  Wouldn't you prefer to
> sleep comfy warm without a bunch of binding clothing?  I know, an ounce is an
> ounce is an ounce but......  Thoughts?

I prefer sleeping with as little as possible on. BUT: I also don't want to
carry a lot of clothes. So I ended up sleeping with my jacket on only four
out of about fourteen nights on the John Muir Trail in September.

> William in Chicago:  My "second set of silk long-johns" would be intended for
> sleeping only actually.  They of course could be worn if necessary as another
> layer of clothing.  The main purpose was to have an item that served two
> purposes -- keeping my bag cleaner and an additional layer if needed.  Got
> that idea recently from you awesome people!  Thank you!

I don't think anybody is questioning wearing longjohns in camp, or in the
bag, but I would not know when else I would be wearing them. During the day,
even when it is cold or wet, my legs are usually warm and I don't need
longjohns. Except for when I am cold in my sleeping bag, like you suggest.
So I would not take more than one pair.

Saskia