[ft-l] Introduction

Hi, folks, just wandered into the list the other day (courtesy of Solar Bear,
who told me about it) and thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's Sandy, I grew up along the AT along Bearfort Mtn, NJ, but moved to
Ocala before I had a chance to hike it on my own. Ended up graduating from
Forest High and CFCC, then headed up to Pittsburgh. Just moved back to Ocala
this month. I don't expect it to be a permanent change -- I love the
Appalachians too much -- but I'm darned glad to see a lot more hiking trails
around here than were available 15 years ago! <G> Have been a lifelong
dayhiker, but only started backpacking several years ago...and it was the
encouragement of the good folks on AT-L that got me out the door to try it.
Now I'm hooked! :) Am fond of canoeing as well, and just picked up the nifty
skill of kayaking, though I suppose that can get tricky down here, being near
eye-level with the wildlife. It was bad enough having to portage in Juniper
Run some years back in the post-hurricane blowdowns during gator mating
season...

Hope to spend some time on FL Trail activities this winter; am eyeing the AT
for spring. We'll see how it goes. I'm a freelance writer, and did what I
could to publicize trails and trailcare for KTA in PA...will gladly do so
here, as well, whenever you feel this group needs publicity. Once I get
settled in, hope to hook up with the local chapter. And if anyone knows where
I can find an inexpensive lightweight tent....<VBG>...

Cheers, Navigator

To:            ft-l@backcountry.net