[ft-l] next three fla crackers outings for jim

>The closest FTA group appears to be the Crackers out of
>Gainesville-Ocala area.  Any members that can give me additional
>information about Cracker outings, work hikes, meetings etc. are
>welcomeed and requested to let me know.

jim, we florida crackers are a diverse sort.  we tend the trail (and
remember that we always need help), hike the trail, and try to offer a
variety of outdoor activities for our members.  our next three activities
are a good paddling on watermelon pond, a day (long) hike in juniper
wilderness & a blue moon bike ride:

DATE(S): Sat., Jan. 9         TYPE OF ACTIVITY:  Day Canoe/Kayak Trip

LOCATION...Watermelon Pond, SW Alachua County        REGION:  North

DESCRIPTION...Leisurely exploration of this large meandering lake.  Watch

for winter birds and other wildlife.  Lunch somewhere along the way.  Contact

leaders for time, meeting place, and other details.

PUBLIC....X  YES_____NO         LIMIT:    None     PEOPLE/BOATS

RATING:      LEISURE

LEADER'S NAME:  Elizabeth vanMierop      PHONE NO: 352-378-4207

				  e-mail: elizavan@aol.com

CO-LEADER'S NAME:  Sandy Hubbard    PHONE  NO:  352-376-8718

			    e-mail: sandy@deathsdoor.com

CHAPTER: Florida Crackers

DATE(S) Jan. 16  TYPE OF ACTIVITY Day Hike

LOCATION Ocala National Forest REGION:  North

DESCRIPTION 10-mile loop hike through eastern side of Juniper  Prairie
Wilderness. Call for meeting time and place.

PUBLIC YES LIMIT NO

RATING: MODERATE

LEADER'S NAME John White PHONE NO (352)  687-8139

CO-LEADER'S NAME_______________PHONE  NO______________
**********************************

> CHAPTER:  Florida Crackers
>

>  DATE(S) Sun.  Jan.31    TYPE OF ACTIVITY  Blue Moon Bike Ride

 LOCATION  Gainesville - Hawthorne Rail Trail   REGION:  North

  DESCRIPTION     We have been granted permission to use the bike trail
  after hours for this special event.  So don't miss it.  It happens once
  in a blue moon.  Bicycle approx. 25 miles including  moonlight (bring
  your own) picnic.  If the weather's too cold to bicycle we'll hike
approx. 8 miles on the trail.  Call leader for meeting time & place.

  PUBLIC  YES       LIMIT   20  PEOPLE

  RATING:                MODERATE

  LEADER'S NAME Sandy Hubbard   PHONE NO  352  376-8718

  sandy@deathsdoor.com

  CO-LEADER'S NAME  Rich Armstrong  PHONE  NO  352  245-0422
  ftarich@aol.com

Never knock on Death's door.
 Ring the doorbell and run.
 ( He hates that ! )