[ft-l] Re: FT-L digest, Vol 1 #440 - 1 msg

This does not make any sense. Either: 1.- "FTA can claim to represent
hikers state-wide" and needs to  provide the structure, leadership, and
guidance in dealing with other groups (whether local or from a wider
area); or, 2.- FTA has no such claim and each local chapter is on its
own to cut whatever deal it can on local trails.

If situation #2 prevails, why do we need a statewide FTA organization? I
think the FTA needs to assume leadership in this type of action or it
becomes un-necessary and inconsequential to the individual member. Sorry
Deb, your position is a cop-out.

- Carl

******> So until a state-wide coalition comes into being it's up to