[ft-l] Re: FT-L digest, Vol 1 #440 - 1 msg

> If situation #2 prevails, why do we need a statewide
> FTA organization? I think the FTA needs to assume
> leadership in this type of action or it
> becomes un-necessary and inconsequential to the
> individual member. Sorry Deb, your position is a
cop-
> out.

Carl, it seemed to me she was saying that there is no
group representing bikers or equestrians, and as such,
that a state-wide coalition of hikers/bikers/riders is
an improbability.  The FTA and its individual members
are the state reps for hikers, and need to respond
appropriately.  And FTA leadership, in order to be
representative of its membership and hikers in the
state, needs input from members. It shouldn't just go
do something for the sake of doing something, and it
certainly ought not speak for the bikers/riders.  So,
if you (the generic "you", the reader)have an idea of
how to handle the situation, send it on up the line to
the FTA leadership.  Two heads are better than one...

"Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."  - Margaret Mead

Sandpiper

=====
To live is to fly, low and high
So shake the dust off of your wings