From: ft-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:ft-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of trailtalker
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 4:35 PM
To: ft-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [ft-l] local hiking info

--

The Ocala National Forest offers some nice areas to hike and what makes
it desirable to many people is that you can hike mostly campground to
campground if you would like to because there are campgrounds with
beautiful springs and showers 5-10 miles apart through most of it.  If
you have more than one vehicle this would allow the younger crowd to
start at one campground and hike to the next.  There is also a
wilderness area in the ONF and I would recommend hiking there if you
will be hiking during hunting season.  How many miles are you planning
to hike?

Trailtalker

I would like to break the trip down into two treks. The first would be
for my younger Scouts (11-13) and would be a Day Hike Loop from our base
camp. The 2nd hike would be for my older Scouts and would be an
overnight "out & back". We have the necessary backpacking stoves and
water filters to allow for primitive camping for the older Scouts.

I was told there are some nice trails in the Ocala National Forest.
Does anyone have any experience with these trails (or similar trails)?