[ft-l] Status - The Big Loop Hike

Length of hike - 369.2 miles

Starting point - Clearwater Lake - Ocala National Forest

Direction - Southbound

Segment hiked Saturday - Seminole State Forest

Length of Segment - 7.3 miles

Cumulative miles hiked - 18.7 miles

Miles to go - 350.5 miles

Comments:  It was hot out there yesterday, but it's fun making progress on a
big hiking goal.  Besides it keeps Sandy and me out of trouble.  Saw a gopher
tortoise.  Also saw a foot long skink today, but that doesn't count.  We were
at Deleon Springs State Park availing ourselves of their do it yourself
pancake breakfast followed by a hike of the Wild Persimmon Trail.

Also did some hiking at the Boardwalk down near Epcot last night.  Without
blazes, we almost got lost.  Next time we'll take orange paint with us.
Think Mickey would mind?  ;-)

Happy trails,

Rich Evans
Orlando