Re: [CDT-L] My intro

It seems to me that many people out there are just a bit too obsessed by the
"big three", while at the same time preaching the joys of "ultimate freedom"
and flexibility.  Why not make up your own hike?  How "free" are you really
if you are going to be confined to one of three long trails?  Why not combine
portions of smaller trails to create your own experience?  Why not a traverse
of nevada or a circumnavigation of the colorado rockies?  How bout traveling
up the wind rivers and down the tetons across the Uintas and back to the
Winds?  Maybe up the Arizona trail and across the Colorado Plateau.
    I think its about time we start thinking a bit more loosely.  We might be
surprised with what we could come up with and everyone would benefit.
                                                                    -nemo