Re: [CDT-L] tarp instead of tent

In a message dated 03/27/2000 4:41:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jimandginnyo@juno.com writes:

<< millions of mosquitos just waiting for us to get out
 of the tent >>

I know the feeling Jim, once I was so irritated I dropped my pack and ran to
a closeby  lake for a quick mosquito-less swim... although they loved it when
I got out to set up my tent in record-time.  Those dang skeeters love to
interfere with a perfectly good day.

I'm still not sure what I'll do about those buggers as I switch to the tarp.
I recently ordered material, so I'm going through with the conversion whether
my skin likes it or not; my back will like the change.  The Golite (<A
HREF="http://www.golite.com";>www.golite.com</A>) way to solve that problem is
with no-see-em netting fashioned to cover the edge openings and a groundcloth
stitched to the netting; I'm still not sure what I'll do, but that seems like
a sound way to go.

Thanks for the advice,
Toby