Re: [at-l] Hike the Approach Trail!

> << The reason- I was hiking the Appalachian Trail, not just hiking.  I had
>  been waiting months to get started, and I sure didn't want to hike 8 miles
>  I didn't have to just to get to the Trail. >>
>
> Absolutely.  Furthermore, I'd like to see a helicopter service taking hikers
> off the trail at Katahdin.  Why waste the effort getting down?  ; )
>
> I didn't do it in '97 either for many of the same reasons, but next year I
> will (did I say that already?)

If there had been access to the end of the trail at Katahdin closer than 5
miles away, I would have finished up there.  If either end of the trail
had been 50 miles from the closest access, I would have hiked the 50
miles.  I was out to hike the AT- all else was working toward that goal,
whether it be an access trail, a hike or hitch into a resupply, or a side
trail to a shelter.
				Ryan
				At Ga-Me '97