Re: [at-l] Hiking Sticks/Knees

Most of the knee pain we see around here is due to weak quads. The
combination of week quads, overly optimistic pack loads, and multiple hills
often result in severe pain, especially on downhills. If you have joint
pain with hiking, it is often worthwhile spending a bit of time with an
orthopod and/or physical therapist to evaluate the problem and create a
training plan. If there are more nasty problems (cartilage damage, torn
ligaments, arthritis, et al), then you might need more specific treatment
and/or reconsideration of sports. Plugging along with pain is a great way
to make a bigger problem.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA