Re: [at-l] Hiking Poles/Sticks

Last year,  I used a homemade hiking stick that lasted the entire trail.
Had a machine toolist grip, stainless steel pipe bottom so it would not
wear out, and was made of oak that was shellacked.  I did use two poles,
and replaced the second one as needed.
    This hiking stick has sentimental value, so it has been "retired".

Now I use two ski poles, $10 from "Play it Again Sports".  Comes with two
loops, and a funky red and yellow color scheme.  They  have been dubbed
the Ronald McDonald ski poles by certain people...  Works well for hiking
and snowshoeing.