Re: [at-l] Lighting Esbit Tabs in the Wind

Lucian wrote:
Here's one downside to the Esbit: the fuel tabs are not volatile enough to light easily in breezy conditions.  Any tips?  Here are some ideas I had, for which I would appreciate feedback.

3. Stand around looking hungry and pitiful until some kind soul offers to let me stick my Esbit tab into her/his Whisperlite flame.

Begging was learned at The Gathering this year! If you are around me I can get you some of that whisperlite flame,,,I did great at The Gathering in the begging class!
    Seriously, I have my stove set up with the mini windsceen, I take one of the side mini windscreens off and shelter the flame from my bic with the mini windscreen,,,works like a charm,,,or at least it does on my front porch with a bit of a breeze blowing. KC aka War Eagle
Help?