Re: [at-l] Re: water filters

> I suppose there are some of us willing to accept the consequences.
Although,
> I wouldn't recommend it, I know several hikers that didn't filter or
treat
> their water at all and I only used iodine sporadically. None of us had
any ill
> affects.
> Sly
One of the important things I learned at ALDHA was on the subject of water
filters. If you are using the guide books they will tell you when you
"need" to filter water. I will be using this guide line when I thru hike
next year. We used it on this trip and I didn't feel as "paranoid" about
filtering water. I will and have used iodine to filter my water when needed
(anyone want to buy a Sweetwater Water Filter?).  KC